Your responsible tour operator is Samimatkat Oy, Onninpolku 1, 83900 Juuka, Finland, Tel + 358 50 4700 787
Business Identity Code: 2725629-2
Form of activity: Travel package agent
Registration number: 378/16Mj
Security: Guarantee lodged
We want your holiday to run as smoothly as possible. It is important that You read our travel conditions carefully. Here You will find the terms and conditions for group tours as well as other necessary information in order to avoid misunderstandings.
Tours organised by Samimatkat are travel packages for which the tour operator has set a guarantee required by law to the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority (KKV) to secure Your payments in order to refund Your payment in case the company becomes insolvent. Samimatkat is the responsible tour operator of all its marketed travel packages, unless otherwise stated in the tour presentation.
Please note that we are responsible for the travel package only for Samimatkat’s part. We are not responsible for any additional costs resulting from changes in transportation connections. When ordering a travel service, we define the place of departure and return for our travel service (itinerary).
We follow the General terms and conditions for package travel of the Finnish Consumer and Competition Authority.
In addition, Samimatkat has the following additional and special conditions
Travel package price
The price of the travel package includes all known mandatory fees and taxes as well as all the services that are indicated separately for each travel package. Samimatkat reserves the right to raise or lower the prices mentioned in its marketing before the travel contract is concluded.
The price of the travel package does not include separate surcharged services such as excursions, meal and beverage packages, food and beverages not included in the itinerary or other personal expenses, unless otherwise stated.
The price of our travel service does not include travel insurance for additional costs incurred due to, for example, illness, injury, death, damage to luggage or any other unexpected event. The passenger must take out a travel insurance for unexpected expenses. Unfortunately, Samimatkat Oy does not offer travel insurance services.
The visa regulations related to the travel package apply only to Finnish citizens and the mentioned travel plan. If You are not a Finnish citizen, You must contact the consulate or embassy of the destination country regarding visa matters. Any visa acquisition processes are the responsibility of the passenger. The correspondence and correctness of the visa data regarding the passport is the passenger’s own responsibility.
The representative of the passenger group (contact person, tour booker) must ensure that the name details – surname and first names – must be in the travel reservation in exactly the same form as in the passport. Samimatkat is not responsible for inconveniences caused by tickets or other name errors and the additional costs connected with correcting of them, which may result from rewriting of the tickets, the costs charged by the service provider or the price of a new ticket.
Samimatkat does not send the actual travel tickets in advance to the passengers. The booking confirmation acts as a travel ticket. Travel instructions for passengers can be found in the itinerary, which is sent in advance to the passengers.
Conclusion of the contract and payment of the price
By paying the advance payment by the due date marked in the invoice, the customer confirms the registration and the travel contract is concluded. By paying the booking fee, the customer accepts the general terms and conditions of the travel package and the special terms and conditions of Samimatkat, as well as undertakes to comply with the terms, conditions and regulations of the authorities, service providers such as transport companies, including the rules and regulations regarding baggage and their quantity.
Upon registration, we will send the information for both the advance payment and the final payment.
The passenger has the right to cancel the tour at any time before the start of the tour. In this case Samimatkat has the right to charge cancellation fees as follows:
- If the passenger cancels his / her trip no later than 45 days before the start of the trip, the tour operator has the right to charge 40 € for office expenses / travel reservation.
- If the cancellation is made 44 days before the start of the trip or no later than 31 days before the start of the trip, the tour operator has the right to charge the booking fee as well as any costs already incurred for Samimatkat by its partners.
- If the cancellation is made 30 days before the start of the trip or no later than 7 days before the start of the trip, the tour operator has the right to charge 75% of the tour price.
- If the tour is canceled 6 days before the start of the trip, the tour operator is not obliged to refund the total price of the tour
- If the reason for not being able to travel is a sudden illness, this must be proven by a medical certificate. The passenger should note that a sudden illness does not mean a chronic or long-term illness, symptoms of which have worsened. In case the passenger cancels the tour due to force majeure, the tour operator will be entitled to charge a reasonable compensation for the expenses according to the actual costs due to cancellation.
- If the tour is priced according to the fact that a group of two or more passengers is accommodated in the same room or apartment and one of the members of the group cancels the trip, the tour operator is entitled to charge a reasonable additional fee for the cancellation. The person who has cancelled the tour and the group members who take part in the tour are jointly and severally liable for payment of an additional fee to the tour operator.
Travel cancellation conditions differ from the General Travel Package Terms and Conditions and these are followed regardless of the reason of the cancellation. The time of cancellation of the tour is considered to be the time when Samimatkat received the information about the cancellation. If the passenger does not use some of the services he / she has booked, he / she will not be entitled to a refund for unused services.
Minimun number of passengers
A minimum number of passengers (20 people) is required for implementation of the tours. A minimum number of participants (10 people) is required for surcharged excursions, trips and services, unless otherwise stated in the travel programme. If the number of participants is not sufficient, Samimatkat reserves the right to cancel additional services for the tour in question. For cancelled services the passenger will get a refund of the price paid. However, the cancellation does not entitle for a refund higher than the fee of the additional service, damage compensation or cancellation of the entire tour. (YME 9.1)